HOW TO REQUEST CLIENT SERVICES THROUGH VOLUNTEERS IN MOTION
Volunteers in Motion provides transportation for individuals who are unable to use Space Coast Area Transit buses and regular Paratransit service on their own. Volunteers in Motion offers transportation with additional assistance to locations such as medical facilities, pharmacies and grocery stores. Since its inception, Volunteers in Motion has assisted thousands of individuals who would otherwise be unable to live independently.
REGISTERING FOR SERVICES
To register for the Volunteers in Motion transportation program call 321-635-7999 between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and provide the following information.
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact
- Physician’s Name
- Medical facility address
- Medical facility telephone number
Grocery Store Information:
- Name of Store
- Location of Store
SCHEDULING A TRIP
To schedule a trip, contact Volunteers in Motion at 321-635-7999 between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. If no one is available, please leave a message with your name and telephone number. Due to high demand for our service, we may not be able to approve all requests.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL TRIP!
- Advance reservations are required, and a volunteer driver must be available. Most trips are scheduled a week in advance. Same day and next day trips are difficult to schedule, due to high demand rate.
- Volunteers in Motion clients receive telephone notiﬁcation when their request has been scheduled for the following week.
- Clients should be ready to go ﬁfteen minutes prior to their departure time!
- Volunteers are equipped with cell phones for notiﬁcation when a client is ready for their return home.
- After a medical appointment, it is often necessary to get a prescription ﬁlled. If time permits, the volunteer driver will make an additional stop. Always ask the driver as they will make every effort to accommodate a client’s request.
- Most grocery shopping requests are granted, although not necessarily on the speciﬁc day of preference. Clients should use the closest store to their residence. Shopping is limited to one store. Please be flexible.
- If another mode of transportation is secured or your appointment is canceled, please call to cancel the Volunteers in Motion trip as soon as possible. A prompt cancellation (at least 48 hours in advance) allows volunteers to provide someone else with needed transportation. Please be considerate.
- Be kind – the driver is a friendly, compassionate volunteer who is willing to make each client’s trip a pleasurable experience!