HOW TO REGISTER
The following is required to access the Volunteers In Motion transportation program.
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact
- Physician’s Name
- Medical facility address
- Medical facility telephone number
Grocery Store Information:
- Name of Store
- Location of Store
To register, contact Volunteers In Motion at 321-635-7999 between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday-Friday. Please have the information listed above available.
SCHEDULING A TRIP
Volunteers in Motion provides transportation for individuals who are unable to use Space Coast Area Transit services on their own. To schedule a trip, contact Volunteers in Motion at 321-635-7999 between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday-Friday. If no one is available, please leave a message with the client’s name and telephone number. It is important to provide as much notice as possible, especially for medical trips. Unfortunately, high demands on program services may result in a request denial.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL TRIP!
- Most trips are scheduled the Thursday before the following week’s requests. Same day and next day trips are difficult to schedule due to high demand rate. On Friday afternoon, you should receive telephone notification that your request has been granted.
- Be flexible with grocery shopping trip requests. Most requests are granted, although not necessarily on the specific day of preference.
- Be ready to go fifteen minutes prior to your departure time!
- When grocery shopping, please use the closest store to your residence. Please limit shopping to one store. Volunteers are equipped with cell phones for notification when you are ready to leave.
- Extra stops – Often, after a medical appointment, it will be necessary to get a prescription filled. Time permitting, we will make an additional stop for you. Always ask and we will try to accommodate your trip!
- Cancellations – Please be considerate. Should you find other means of transportation, please remember to call and cancel your Volunteers In Motion trip. A prompt cancellation (at least 48 hours in advance) will allow us to provide someone else with needed transportation. REMEMBER advance reservations are required and a volunteer driver must be available to be able to respond to your request! PLEASE PROVIDE AS MUCH NOTICE AS POSSIBLE.
- Be Kind – Your driver is a volunteer. You will find that they are friendly, compassionate, and willing to make your trip a pleasurable experience!